Friday, August 14, 2009

Where The Turf Meets The Surf

It's M Dog on location in Del Mar, California. Today I went to the races. The horse races. Thoroughbreds that is. "Where the Turf Meets the Surf" down at Ol' Del Mar. Played the ponies. In the first race, M Dog picked "Walker Rd." to show. "Joe Carl" came in first. "Turbo Energy" came in second. "Uncle Jeep" came in third. The favorite "Defense King" got scratched. In the second race -- 6 1/2 Furlongs Maiden Claiming -- I picked "Torrey Cliffs" to show. "Church Avenue" won. "Lady Alex" the favorite, placed (that's came in second to you neophytes). And "Torrey Cliffs" came in third, so I was in the money. I also won some money in the third race with "Waafi" a CalBred with Michael Baze in the irons. In the fourth, I picked "Denise's Gift" to show and "U Turn Me Crazy," who my brother T-Mac picked, won! Congrats T-Mac. In the fifth, "Just Charmed" had a nine-length lead and ended-up coming in dead last.