Thursday, June 23, 2011

NBA Draft Preview

Tonight the stars of college basketball will take the next step into their career. The Cavs are still debating over who they should pick with the #1 pick. The two candidates are Derrick Williams and Kyrie Irving. They also have the fourth pick after they won it at the NBA Draft Lottery. I think Irving is explosive but Williams I think will be a better player to try to build a franchise around. Each will obviously have big expectations. Irving only played 11 games. He is a great player, but he has not proven to me that he can be a star in the NBA. A big question is if Kemba Walker can be a star. He to me, is one of the most reliable draft picks that you could take. He is a proven winner. He actually played for an AAU team in NYC near me. There are a couple good draft picks that a team later on in the 1st round could get. JaJuan Johnson is a solid pick who could go in the last five picks of the 1st round. The player that I think will most likely be a star is Alec Burks. At 8:00, the future stars will start the beginning of their NBA profession.