Monday, January 9, 2012

Weekend Recap

This weekend was full of shocks and upsets. On Saturday, the college basketball world was shaken up a little. Four Top 25 teams went down. The Playoffs started on Saturday. The Texans kicked things off with a demanding win over the Bengals. It was Houston's first ever Playoff game. The Saints and Lions also squared off. New Orleans was riled up as the Saints were too much for Detroit. Sunday was a good day for Giant fans and Tebow lovers everywhere. The Giants showed the world that they are a threat with a big 24-2 win. Before I explain what went wrong in Denver, I just want to say I was wrong. I thought, despite the injuries, that the Steelers could beat the Broncos handily. I know it is a little late, but I am a fan of Tebow. The way he played throughout the game was clutch. He took John Elway's advice and pulled the trigger. The way he realized that the safety packed the box to stop the run was exactly what a quarterback should do. He had hooked up with Demaryius Thomas all game, and he did it again when it mattered most. It sure was an exhilirating weekend that will be capped off with the National Championship tonight.