Monday, May 14, 2012

Playoff Update

    The NBA Playoffs have been far from normal. The series that I can't wait to see is the Thunder /Lakers matchup. Game 1 is tonight in OKC. The Thunder fans are very pumped up and excited. The Thunder have had a little over a week to rest, while Kobe Bryant and his Lakers played on Saturday night. This will be Metta World Peace's second game back since his suspension for elbowing James Harden in the face. These fans will not be very nice to World Peace as he makes his return. This series will be fun to watch if you are a Thunder fan. I think OKC will win in five games. 
    There is another LA team in the Postseason, the Clippers. They will be taking on the Spurs. As much as I love the Spurs, I have a feeling that Chris Paul will step up and lead his team to the Conference Finals. This is his big step. 
    In the Eastern Conference, things are already underway. The Celtics and 76ers are in a tough series. The Celtics are up 1-0 on Philly. This series will go to six or seven games. I still have not made up my mind about this series. I will need to watch this game thoroughly to get a grip on what is going on. To be honest, I did not watch that Game 1 at all. 
    The Pacers and Heat are in a tough series. Everybody is saying about how the Pacers can't handle Miami, but I think Indiana will take the Heat to a Game 7. Hibbert has been great this whole Postseason. Danny Granger and Paul George will need to step up if the Pacers are to win a game or two. In the end, I still think Miami will win just off talent. As the Finals grow closer, the intensity is growing just as much.