Friday, April 19, 2013

NBA Playoffs: Picks and Analysis

It is finally that time of year again; the NBA Playoffs are back! There are a lot of intriguing matchups in Round 1. The Thunder and Heat are both the two #1 seeds in their respective conferences. The Heat are definitely the overwhelming favorite to win it all. In the West, the series that catches my eye the most is the Nuggets/Warriors series. Both team are playing very good basketball at the moment. This series will go seven games. The East is full of great games. The Knicks/Celtics series has the makings to be one for the ages. I am also really looking forward to watching the Brooklyn Nets' first playoff series against the Bulls. There is news that Joakim Noah could miss the entire 1st Round due to an injury in his right foot.
#7 Celtics vs #2 Knicks 
Game 1 3:00 Saturday
MSG will be riled up for this matchup between these two foes. Boston is playing with heavy hearts after the terrible tragedy at the Boston Marathon. The Knicks are very hot as of late. Carmelo has been playing some terrific basketball. Boston has been very balanced scoring wise. Jeff Green has stepped up for the C's. I think that he will have an excellent game tomorrow. However, I do think that the Knicks will come out on top. I will be live tweeting from MSG, so make sure you follow me on Twitter @MM8sports.
#6 Warriors vs #3 Nuggets
Game 1 5:30 Saturday
I am so interested in this matchup. These two teams stack up well against each other. The Nuggets are without Danilo Gallinari and Kenneth Faried is not at full strength. This is the perfect game for the Warriors to steal. I think that Stephen Curry and David Lee will carry the Warriors on their back. This game will be extremely close, but I think the Warriors will get the win.
#5 Bulls vs #4 Nets
Game 1 8:00 Saturday
Everyone knows that the Barclays Center will be going crazy tomorrow night. This is a historic day for Brooklyn fans. Derrick Rose will not play. I expect Deron Williams to take advantage of that. The Bulls are one of the worst scoring teams in the league. This will be a close game, but I think that the Nets will pull away with some help from their sharpshooters.
#5 Grizzlies vs #4 Clippers
Game 1 10:30 Saturday
The Staples Center will be rocking on this Saturday night when these two teams take the floor. This is a rematch of last year's 1st Round Playoff Series. These two teams have put on great shows when they play against each other this year. I am very excited to see how Zach Randolph plays. He has been putting up big numbers as of late. This game will be spectacular, but I really love the way the Grizzlies play together. That is why I am picking Memphis.