Saturday, September 28, 2013

Saturday Nightcap

Today has been full of great matchups, but I am picking the three most intriguing games to watch tonight from 3 different conferences. I am 5-7 with my picks this season and I need to get on track. I am picking the best games from the top 3 conferences. I am spreading the wealth with my picks.
21. Ole Miss vs 1. Alabama
This showcases a very young Rebels team against an extremely experienced Alabama squad. The Ole Miss Freshman class have been great this season. Alabama is coming off a win over Colorado State. They won handily, but were a little shaky at times. If this game was being played at Ole Miss I would go with the Rebels, but it isn't. I think the 'Bama faithful will show up tonight and give the Crimson Tide a little boost.
My Pick: Alabama 24 Ole Miss 17
23. Wisconsin vs 4. Ohio State
I am very excited to watch this game tonight. It showcases probably the two best teams in the Big 10. Wisconsin got hosed two weeks ago against Arizona State, and that is why they aren't undefeated. Both of these defenses have been very good this season. However, I think offense will be superior tonight. Braxton Miller is going to start for the Buckeyes. Melvin Gordon has been the star of the show for the Badgers and is a Heisman hopeful. This game will be close and come down to the wire.
My Pick: Wisconsin 34 Ohio State 27
Arizona vs #16 Washington 
I am very impressed with this Washington team. I believe that they are very good and under the radar. Keith Price is playing at another level this year. I think Rich Rod will have his team ready, but I think that Washington is just too talented. It is tough to travel up north to Washington. The Huskies have a nice balanced attack between the running game with Bishop Sankey and Keith Price's arm.
My Pick: Washington 35 Arizona 13