Saturday, September 14, 2013

Saturday Pick'Em

This Saturday is full of huge sporting events. You got some great baseball, the Mayweather/Alvarez fight, but the biggest one could be taking place at Kyle Field in College Station. This Texas A&M/Alabam matchup is one of the most anticipated games i have seen in a while. We all know how exciting last year's game was between the two when Johnny Manziel had the game of his life to lead the Aggies to victory. Well, the Heisman winner is back and there is a lot of scrutiny surrounding him. All eyes will be watching Manziel when he takes the field. However, there are a lot of other terrific games. I am 2-4 on the season with my picks, so this is a big week for me. Here are my top 3 games:
#16 UCLA vs #23 Nebraska
This is a rematch from last year when the Bruins took care of business against the Cornhuskers in LA. This game features two of the most electrifying QBs in college football in Brett Hundley [UCLA] and Taylor Martinez [Nebraska]. Both can stuff the stat sheet with their arms and legs. This game is part of a Big 10 vs Pac 12 challenge. I expect this game to come down to the wire.
My Pick: Nebraska 23 UCLA 20
#25 Ole Miss vs Texas
Ole Miss is one of the most talented teams in the land. Their recruiting class has been stellar for them. Texas is coming off a loss against BYU. Mack Brown is under a little bit of pressure to win. This game will be played in Austin. The home crowd should give the Longhorns a little help, but I don't think it will matter. Ole Miss has too many playmakers and too much talent.
My Pick: Ole Miss 31 Texas 13
#1 Alabama vs #6 Texas A&M
This game has been so hyped up. We all know about the story lines with Johnny Manziel. I expect Alabama's running game to keep Manziel and company off the field. Texas A&M has plenty of athletes  on the outside to help Manziel. the problem is I don't think the defense will be able to slow the Crimson Tide down. The 12th Man at Kyle Field will be crazy, but I can't see how the Texas A&M front seven can shut down the 'Bama running game and when Texas A&M decides to stuff the box AJ McCarron will beat them deep with his favorite target Amari Cooper.
My Pick: Alabama 30 Texas A&M 20