Thursday, October 3, 2013

ALDS Preview

I gave you my NLDS preview, so this is my ALDS preview. There are some very interesting series. I think the Tigers are the favorite to make it out of the AL. The Red Sox have a tough game against a hot Rays squad. It should be very fun to watch.
Rays vs Red Sox
Friday 3:07 PM Fenway Park
The Rays are the hottest team in baseball, but I could see them getting little fatigued this series. Those last two Playoff games must have taken a lot out of them. However, the Sox haven't played in 5 days, so who knows if that could get them off track. Jon Lester and Matt Moore are taking the hill in Game 1.  It should be a very crazy atmosphere in Boston. John Lackey will be going against David Price on Saturday. The top of the Red Sox's order is lethal. I see this series going 4 games.
My Game 1 Pick: Red Sox 7 Rays 5
My Series Pick: Boston in 4 games
Tigers vs Athletics
Friday 9:37 PM Oakland Coliseum 
This is the most interesting series when it comes to me. The Tigers have probably the best lineup in the MLB and a terrific rotation, but the bullpen has been a problem. Oakland doesn't have nearly the amount of big hitters the Tigers do, but they are very consistent. Max Scherzer and Bartolo Colon are on the mound in Game 1. The A's lineup has fared well against Max Scherzer in the past. Game 1 is being played in Oakland, so that gives the A's an edge. However, the Tigers' starting rotation is very strong. This series will be extremely close. Sonny Gray and Justin Verlander are pitching in Game 2.
Follow me on Twitter @MM8sports
Like us on Facebook