Saturday, November 30, 2013

Iron Bowl for the Ages

The center of attention this week is on the state of Alabama when #4 Auburn and #1 Alabama take each other on for the right to play in the SEC Championship. In the historic Iron Bowl rivalry, this could be the biggest matchup between the two ever. Alabama is undefeated and in the driver's seat for the National Championship. Auburn is 10-1, with their only loss coming to LSU. This has all the ingredients for a great game. I am 23-16 this year with all my predictions and I have been hot coming down the final stretch. 
#1. Alabama vs #4 Auburn 
3:30 PM
The winner of this matchup will have to go through either #5 Missouri or #10 South Carolina in the SEC Championship. Both teams love to pound you upfront and run the ball right down your throat. RB Tre Mason has been a beast this season for the Tigers along with Dual-threat QB Nick Marshall. Alabama has arguably the best defense in the country, so it will be interesting to see who comes out victorious in that category. This will be a very tight and hard nosed game, but I think the Bama defense is too much for Auburn. 
My Pick: Alabama 27 Auburn 17
#6 Clemson vs #10 South Carolina
7:00 PM
These two teams do not like each other and it makes for a hard fought game. Clemson has been overshadowed since that loss to Florida State. The key will be to see if the Tigers can protect QB Tajh Boyd from that fierce South Carolina front 7. Connor Shaw is the heart and soul of the Gamecocks. The Senior QB has carried the offense on his back the whole season. This should be a back and forth game, but I think South Carolina is going to send a message to the world tonight and come out and lay it on Clemson. 
My Pick: South Carolina 35 Clemson 24
#25 Notre Dame vs #8 Stanford
7:00 PM
Everyone remembers how this game ended last season with ND's goal line stand to beat the Cardinals. Stanford is playing some very good football as of late and will once again look to shove it down your throat. I am not sure ND has the depth to handle the Cardinals. I think Stanford will wear down the Fighting Irish. As long as Stanford accounts for WR TJ Jones and DaVaris Daniels, they should be good. However, I have learned the hard way never to count out Notre Dame. I expect them to come to play and make a game of this. 
My Pick: Stanford 35 Notre Dame 26